#182: A Large Catch Up Vacation-ish Particular (Shock!)
A lot has occurred since we final picked up the podcast mic, so we have now a jam-packed present to catch you up on all of the issues. We’re speaking home updates, embarrassing tales, renovation plans, and we even labored in some unhealthy metaphorical diagrams (as a result of describing graphs and charts you’ll be able to’t see all the time goes over effectively in an audio format). We’re additionally diving into how home initiatives have slowed down round right here, the remaining initiatives on our checklist, and the way our perspective in direction of having much less on our to-do checklist has modified fairly dramatically over time. Plus an impromptu musical train that captured our household’s contentment for residing in a smaller house, and why Sherry can by no means present her face in a single Florida metropolis once more. Additionally, a enjoyable vacation sport and the TV present we’ve been dying to inform you about.
- We shared within the episode why we’re not returning to weekly podcasting, however our hope is to drop in periodically with large catch-up episodes like this one. And above, you’ll be able to see our additional fancy recording set-up from earlier this week after we recorded (and the Ikea cupboard bins that we talked about within the background).
- You possibly can scroll down our blog’s homepage to see any and all home updates you may’ve missed during the last 12 months, however some particular issues we talked about within the episode embody our new pool, the pantry we added to our kitchen, the closet we added to our bedroom, our little firepit area, our hanging daybed, and our latest kitchen porch (and right here’s what the inside of the kitchen appears to be like like lately).
- Moreover, we shared a holiday gift guide, an update on our family room, 7 of our favorite storage pieces that assist our home work more durable, and a tribute to our dog Burger, who handed away in October. We by no means tire of footage of him, so right here’s one for good measure:
- As for that slim drawer we spoke of subsequent to our range, right here’s a photograph from an previous kitchen organization post, again when it housed a single bottle of olive oil (and a jar of salt). You too can see how the frames on these previous cupboards take up a variety of house. We’ll achieve much more storage with our newer frameless cupboards (particularly as a result of we’re shifting the range over a bit).
- We additionally spoke about paving our entrance driveway sooner or later, since we presently have this fancy pine-straw-over-sand setup (are you able to see my tire marks under?). Though our new favourite parking spot is across the aspect (proper off the new kitchen porch) – so this spot will principally be for friends. Yup, we’re nonetheless a one automotive family and we nonetheless have the identical 8 12 months previous Toyota Highlander (150,000 miles and going sturdy!).
- If we have been ever to assemble the “visitor home” constructing (aka: our shed with a mattress), it could mainly go behind that enormous tree the place the inexperienced fence is (the pool is on the opposite aspect of the fence). Clearly we’d must reconstruct the fence otherwise, however our complete aim was to work round that attractive tree!
- Additionally, Sherry talked about that “circles make you cheerful,” which is one thing we realized from the e book Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee. We mentioned the e book in Episode #130 and later interviewed Ingrid in Episode #136!
What’s Not Sport: Vacation Cities
- We didn’t seize Sherry’s embarassing second in St. Augustine on digital camera (mercifully for everybody concerned) however fortunately it didn’t dampen our enjoyment of this lovely historic metropolis – which we occurred to catch simply after it was lit up for the vacation season!
- That is the weighted blanket Sherry sleeps with each evening (it’s the OG I gave her years in the past as a Christmas current). The washable cowl, softness, and not-too-hot material is what she considers just a few of its greatest options.
- However if you happen to’re searching for a lighter possibility, that is the furry throw blanket we received just lately for our downstairs couch. The entire household is obsessive about (we have now it within the impartial shade).
- Right here you’ll be able to see the mattress made with Sherry’s weighted blanket below the cover on her aspect (hello once more, Burger!). So it positively may be made into the mattress pretty discreetely.
In the event you’re searching for one thing we’ve dug in a previous episode, however don’t bear in mind which present notes to click on into, right here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our previous episodes. You too can see all of the books we’ve really helpful on our Book Club web page.
And lastly, a giant thanks to Agility Mattress for sponsoring this particular episode. Earlier than December 31, you should utilize the code YHL to get 25% off any mattress + your selection of free items (a pair of cooling pillows or sateen sheets). And after December, you’ll be able to nonetheless rating $300 off any mattress by utilizing that very same YHL code. Simply received to AgilityBed.com to snag both deal!
Thanks for listening, guys!
*This submit incorporates affiliate hyperlinks, so we could earn a small fee once you make a purchase order by way of hyperlinks on our web site at no further value to you.